Custom Retrofit With Dual Fanuc Robot Integration

Custom Retrofit With Dual Fanuc Robot Integration

This custom Robotic solution was retrofitted to one of our SPI Automation Cup Denester systems.

The SPI Automation Cup Denester was operating as intended, achieving efficiency rates above 98%. However, there was still a labor component due to the high quality demands of the customer to manually fix and replace the remaining 2% of missing or tipped paper cups.

The robotic solution was retrofitted to a two lane (one shown) conveying system and was designed to remove and replace up to 112 paper cup liners per minute. An integrated Fanuc IRvision system tells dual Fanuc LR Mate 200iD robots which paper cups need to be picked and replaced. The Fanuc line tracking option allows this system to replace the cups on a continuously moving conveyor. Each robot is equipped with custom end of arm tooling (EOAT) developed specifically for this projects unique requirements.

The end result of this custom retrofit robotic system is increased quality control and efficiency while decreasing labor costs and maintaining a minimal foot print on the factory floor.

To view more of our custom robotic integration projects click here

start a conversation

Call us at 801-233-8000 or start a conversation by filling out the form below

"*" indicates required fields

1Your Information
2Project Details

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *